Saturday, June 27, 2009

Homeward Bound

We took the I-80 eastbound across the country, so we decided to take the I-70 westbound for some different scenery. I've now been through 39 of the 50 states and hopefully I'll get a chance to see the remaining 11 sometime before my time is up. My favorite landscapes were in Utah, Iowa, Colorado and oddly, Connecticut. I lived there for 23 years but I'm not sure I enjoyed the scenery as much as I did on this visit. Perhaps my opinion was skewed by the 23 New England winters I endured while residing there. Illinois was really pretty, too, which surprised me. There is something about the blue skies contrasting against acres of green farmland. Living on water, we get blue on blue, which can be pretty, too, but I always appreciate new color palettes. Utah had beautiful red rock against bright blue skies. The draw of Colorado is obviously the mountains: some green with pines and some capped with snow. Here are some pics from along the way. Obviously, I slept through Kansas and Nevada, so I didn't get any pictures.

Two shots of Illinois Farmland

St. Louis, MO

Colorado Rockies

Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment