Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day 2009


Hope everyone has a Happy Earth Day tomorrow! Normally, Earth Day prompts me to take a look at my conservation habits and see where I can improve. Unfortunately, this year (week), I've been busy with school work and I haven't had time to consider anything but this research paper I've been writing. :(

I have determined that the 1.5 watt solar panel that I've been using for my trolling motor isn't producing enough energy, so I've been rowing a lot lately. I ordered a larger (5 watt) panel and it should arrive by UPS this afternoon. So... hopefully by tomorrow I can rest my oars (and my arms!) again!

*****

I've been in a sort of forced silence the past couple of days, as I have been the victim of a "spirit crusher." I use this blog as a place to let friends and family know what we're up to, but also as a sort of online journal of my life... a place to collect pictures, poems, facts, memories, etc. that are interesting and important to me. I realize by publishing a blog I am opening myself up for criticism and judgment. I guess I just never realized how critical and judgmental some people can be, and for no good reason but to hear themselves talk. To be honest, it saddens me. I know misery loves company, but I just don't understand it.

"The more you know,
the less you understand...

...Those who know don't talk.
Those who talk don't know."

~Lao-Tzu
Tao Te Ching

1 comment: