Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And The Countdown Begins

In April, someone stole one of Ben's bicycle tires, deeming the bicycle completely worthless. A new wheel would cost more than the value of the bike... more than the cost of a new-used bike.  Yesterday, thanks to the invention of craigslist, Ben scored this flashy new-used cruiser at a rock bottom price. And so the countdown begins...

The last time I posted about my own vintage townie, someone had gone wild on my basket. I can see in the picture on the post that my bell remained in tact at the time of that photo shoot.  Since then, some angry soul stole my I MY BIKE bell.  It was hard adjusting to riding without a bell, but not nearly as difficult as the transition to riding without brakes.  I set off the other morning to grab a shower at the Sheraton only to find out some malicious being stole all four of my brake pads.  Luckily, this story has a happy ending.  I made it home in tact and purchased four new brake pads and this snazzy she-pirate bell.  And the countdown begins... again...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you guys need to move to a better neighborhood?

    Terry

    ReplyDelete