Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Swing

Blogging has been on my mind but it seems I can't come up with a coherent thought lately. I think that is due in part to the summertime swing of things. School is out, which means more time to hang out with friends. I uploaded some photos over a week ago but it's taken me this long to post them. So here goes:

Usually Ben's bicycle is the victim of foul play but it appears someone raged on my bicycled basket one night a few weeks back. Wish I could have seen this as it was happening. I'm sure it would have been a good show.

Last week, our friend Andrea came by to experience the liveaboard lifestyle.  We went for a cruise around the bay on the Livingston and she got to meet some of the neighbors. 
We stopped by Joe & Julie's boat.  Julie was out of town and I didn't get a picture of Joe, but this picture of Andrea and Lola is priceless.  Those of you who know Lola know that she doesn't take kindly to strangers.  It can take her a year to get used to new people.  This was the very first time she met Andrea and Lola took an immediate liking to her.


This is another priceless picture... I row myself around all the time but I rarely row other people.  Although I do recall a time, perhaps the first summer we were on the boat, when I was rowing Ben to the dock and a man up on the wall yelled down to Ben, "You are my HERO!"

Currently, Ben and Lola are about an hour up north.  On Tuesday, they took the ferry to Catalina Island to meet Adam & Jasmine.  They originally intended to sail to Santa Barbara, but due to time constraints they had to change plans and, as far as I know, they are headed to Newport instead.  I'm hoping to hear from them sometime today.  I think the most difficult part of sailing is not worrying about your own safety while underway, but rather worrying about your loved ones while they are underway without you. 

"May the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face."
~Irish Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment