Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blow, Blow, Blow Your Boat

We've been getting slammed with storm after storm here in San Diego, with more on the way.  While the meteorologists and land residents focus on the rainfall, those of us living on boats are more concerned with the wind.  Yesterday, we experienced wind gusts up to about 45 mph, which pale in comparison to the microburst we experienced on December 7, 2009.  However, stormy seas make it difficult for me to work from the boat, and with school starting again on Monday, Ben and I came to the hotel so I could keep up with my workload.  They are predicting even stronger winds tomorrow (I've heard reports of possible 60 to 70 mph gusts expected) and rain through Friday.  The wind may even stick around through the weekend.  Here is a quick video of yesterday's storm:

No comments:

Post a Comment