Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Blue Heaven

What you see here is the bottom of my dinghy with a fresh, slick coat of bottom paint. Ben surprised me when I got home from school yesterday... He'd hauled out Dinghy, cleaned her bottom, and painted her a lovely shade of blue. I wish I had a *Before* picture for comparison, but since I don't, I can tell you that Dinghy tends to get pretty bogged down with marine hitchhikers each month. Ben typically cleans her bottom about once a month (yes, I am a lucky gal!)... around the time when her slimy sea skirt hangs 6 to 8 inches beneath the surface of the water. As you can imagine, that extra growth is heavy, which makes for slower rowing.

With her new blue bottom, she glides through the water like a knife through butter. And since the slimy sea creatures won't be able to latch on as easily, she won't need to be cleaned as often. So... does anyone wanna race?? ;)

1 comment:

  1. ya gotta ask yourself Why we waited so long. Im gona paint the barge next!

    ReplyDelete