Sunday, February 1, 2009

Updates

I've been slacking again with the updates, so here goes...



The three of us spent most of the month of January at the hotel while the owner was in India. Ben needed to be on site for any problems that arose and I filled in at the Front Desk for a few weekends.



The picture to the left is the crusty muffler/exhaust that Ben pulled out of Mother Culture. He is currently reconstructing a new one and once that is installed (along with a few other repairs and a coat of engine paint), we will resume sailing.

Other than that, I don't have much to report. I did have the opportunity to experience my first "bad" storm at the mooring field, back in December. I call it "bad" but maybe some of the seasoned veterans of the mooring field wouldn't agree. Ben had to work that day and the storm was pretty much over by the time he got back to the boat. I felt a little queasiness by the 6th or 7th hour, but I survived. (Actually, I slept through most of it... I thought I'd read some books but my body thought otherwise.) I'm anxiously awaiting the next storm. (Hopefully Ben will be around for the next one! ;) Here is a short (and shoddy) video clip of the storm:


1 comment: