Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Sail

Yesterday we sailed from San Diego Bay to Mission Bay. I'm always a little nervous when sailing because I've always had a fear of the ocean. My fears have subsided a lot over the past two years but I am still very aware of the power of the ocean and I try my best to stay out of Mother Nature's way. Yesterday's sail was pretty awesome for beginners. The seas were pretty calm but we had enough wind to make it there in good time. And we even saw a pod of dolphins crossing our path!  Here are a few pics and a video...

This stealthy, wealthy boat was anchored off the edge of the mooring field when we left

I'm always a fan of the seals and sea lions on the buoys

Steering

Relaxing

At anchor

I also added a panorama shot of the anchorage at the bottom of my page.  Scroll all the way down to the very bottom of my blog to check it. But first, check out this quick video of the dolphins!

No comments:

Post a Comment